VALUE: $2825 (1) - 2013-2014 award value
TERMS & CRITERIA
Mr. Adam Sus, an alumnus of the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Engineering, has established an endowment fund at the University of Manitoba to provide bursary assistance to those who need it most. The Manitoba Scholarship and Bursary Initiative has made a contribution to this fund. Mr. Sus firmly believes in the benefits of education and in the need for more Engineers in Canada to develop the country and to keep it at the leading edge of modern technology so that the country will grow and prosper.
This fund will support an annual bursary valued at the available annual income with a minimum $2,500 award. The Manitoba Scholarship and Bursary Initiative has made a contribution to this fund. The first award will be made once the capital of the fund has reached a balance of $50,000. The award will be offered to an undergraduate student who:
(1) is a Canadian citizen, preferably from Manitoba or Saskatchewan;
(2) is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Manitoba;
(3) has completed the first year of the Engineering program with a minimum of 28 credit hours, (first year could have been completed either in the Faculty of Engineering or in University 1);
(4) has achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5;
(5) has demonstrated financial need on the standard University of Manitoba bursary application form.
The selection committee shall be the Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards Committee of the Faculty of Engineering.