**Application required (see Supporting files and instructions below)**
VALUE: $1450 (variable) - 2013-2014 award value
TERMS & CRITERIA
An endowment has been established to provide support to students who choose to enhance their formal education by participating in University of Manitoba Society of Automotive Engineers (UMSAE) design competitions. The Manitoba Scholarship and Bursary Initiative has made a contribution to this fund. The available annual interest will be used to provide bursaries, the number and value to be determined by the selection committee, to students who:
(1) are enrolled full-time at the University of Manitoba in any Faculty or School;
(2) have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 2.0;
(3) are student members of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE);
(4) have demonstrated financial need on the standard University of Manitoba Bursary application form.
Applicants must submit an application for the Thornton-Trump Memorial Bursary along with the standard University of Manitoba Bursary application form.
The selection committee will include the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering (or designate) who will serve as chair, the UMSAE Faculty Advisor, the Head of the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (or designate), and an ex-officio member of the Thornton-Trump family.
Established: Senate, May 17, 2006
Revised: Senate, February 4, 2009
**NB: Students in faculties other than Engineering: please send email to email@example.com to apply. Student participation in UMSAE will be confirmed with the professor involved with the group.
1. To apply for this bursary, first complete the online general U of M bursary application through Aurora Student.
2. Then print the attached PDF (supporting files), complete the form, and bring it to the awards contact listed on the form.
3. For any questions, contact Ed Hohenberg (SAE advisor) or Shari Klassen (Awards, Dean's Office).