**Application required (see instructions below)**
For students who placed first in any eligible high school competition that requires demonstration of technological excellence.
The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Manitoba offers a variable number of entrance scholarships, with a minimum value of $250 each*, to undergraduate students who:
(1) have, as high school students (grades 9 through 12), placed first in any eligible individual or team competition that requires participants to demonstrate technological excellence;
(2) are subsequently admitted to, and register full-time in, their first year of study in the Faculty of Engineering via either direct entry or University 1.
The selection committee will have the discretion to determine the number of scholarships offered each year.
Competitions currently eligible include the Manitoba School Science Symposium, the Manitoba Robot Games, the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters Discovery Program, and the F1 in Schools Formula One Technology Challenge. The Dean of the Faculty of Engineering reserves the right to amend the list of eligible competitions.
*A recipient will be offered $250 for each eligible competition in which he or she placed first (i.e. a student who placed first in two competitions will receive an award of $500, a student who placed first in three competitions will receive an award of $750). The Faculty of Engineering Entrance Awards for Technology Based Student Competitions may be held with any other University of Manitoba scholarship.
** Eligible students must submit an application which includes the name of the competition(s), the year of the event, and supporting documentation from the organizers of the event. Applications must be submitted directly to the Awards Coordinator (Kristy McGregor) and not through this website. **
The selection committee will be the Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards Committee of the Faculty of Engineering.
Established: Senate, May 13, 2009
1. To receive this entrance award, you need to have placed first in one of the competitions listed above.
2. The event organizer will have provided you with a signed certificate indicating that you will be eligible for the entrance scholarship when you come to Engineering via direct entry.
3. Once you have been accepted into the Faculty, please present your certificate to the Awards Coordinator (Kristy McGregor) in the Dean's Office, E2-284 EITC.