**Application required (see Supporting files below)**
VALUE: $2000 (1) - 2013-2014 award value
TERMS & CRITERIA
The Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) Prairie Chapter offers an annual bursary for students in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Manitoba. The purpose of the bursary is to promote and encourage education, knowledge, and career focus in grain handling and/or processing operations. One bursary with a value of $2,000 will be offered to an undergraduate student who:
(1) is enrolled full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the Faculty of Engineering in one of the following programs: B.Sc. E. (Biosystems), B.Sc.E. (Electrical), B.Sc.E. (Mechanical);
(2) has completed at least one year of full-time study (minimum 24 credit hours) at the University;
(3) has achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.0;
(4) is actively involved in the community;
(5) has demonstrated financial need on the standard University of Manitoba bursary application form.
Applicants for this award will be required to submit a brief statement (maximum one page) describing their community involvement to the selection committee.
The selection committee will be the Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards Committee of the Faculty of Engineering.
Established: Senate, September 9, 2009