VALUE: $11,925 (variable) - 2014-2015 award value
*Supporting File Required*
TERMS & CRITERIA
Ernest M. Scott, Jr., B.Sc, (E.E.), M.B.A., Ph.D., has established a fund at the University of Manitoba to provide scholarships to students in Electrical Engineering. The Manitoba Scholarships and Bursaries Initiative made a contribution to this fund. Up to 70 percent of the annual available interest income from a capital fund of at least $20,000 shall be disbursed each year to students who:
(1) are enrolled as full-time students of Electrical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Manitoba;
(2) have completed two years of study in the four-year programme (or three years in a five-year programme);
(3) have demonstrated a high scholastic standard, with a minimum awards grade point average of 3.75 on work completed in the previous regular academic session;
(4) are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents;
(5) have demonstrated, through activities and personal conduct, leadership potential, inter-personal sensitivity, honesty, and high standards of personal principles and ethics.
Interest income amounting to at least 3.5 percent of the fund is to be capitalized each year. Income in excess of the capitalized amounts shall be available for scholarship disbursements.
The selection committee shall be the Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards Committee of the Faculty of Engineering.